Monday, November 28, 2016

If you don't have a Christmas tree....


 Its the holiday season, and for me that means decorating.
I love to change the look of our home to reflect the Christmas season.
That means garlands and ornaments and trees!
Frosted trees are a favorite and I found a cute little one at Hobby Lobby.
Just this small version of a Christmas tree added instant cheer to the room.
Even before Thanksgiving I started with one full size tree, then I added one more.
I get a lot of enjoyment out of our trees~I think they bring a room to life 
at Christmas time.  But I was thinking that maybe many of you don't have
the time, the money or the energy to put up a tree.  So the next best thing is
to take an everyday object in your room, and decorate it!
Lamps and chandeliers are great places to add swags of garland,
bits of greenery and ornaments.  
This large cherub lamp is festooned in blues and greens.
Old fashioned mercury glass style beads and tiny ornaments 
drip from the five arms of this gilded light fixture.
On the other end of the piano is a gold lantern that wears a small frosted
wreath with a few baubles and a skinny velvet ribbon.
 Sticking with my theme of blue and green and natural greens,
this lantern is decked out for the holidays. At night the candles
are turned on to add more ambience to the room.
So don't fret if you don't have a tree...
create a little magic with your everyday things.
You will be relaxing in no time...just like my little grand-dog Sylvia,
I am babysitting her all week long and I think she is fine with it.
I will be back a few more times this week with more Christmas posts
and that Perfect Rug I was telling you about a few weeks ago. 
It arrived, and it looks beautiful.  I can't wait to share!!
 photo signature_zpsxi5q1w6r.png

4 comments:

  1. Amy this is STUNNING!! Could not be any prettier....love it! Hope your holidays are off to a magical start!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep- I'm with you - I can decorate without a tree if I have to---but this year I have two regulars up and two small ones up...and if something isn't moving it has a strand (or two-or three) of lights on it. lol
    Happy week to you, Amy. Your home is as lovely as ever and I can't wait to see your new rug. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing your lovely home. It is always a source for inspiration. I adore the lantern. The little extra's create the magic! I agree with an earlier post, that creating an atmosphere for memories to take place is a perfect gift. Your people feel well loved!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea but for right now i have my big one and 2 littles. I do like to decorate my chandies too. I love Christmas and all the bling.

    ReplyDelete

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...