Saturday, April 7, 2012

Paris Grey Chalk Paint for a Mora Clock

 Oh yes, another Mora post~but there are other goodies at the end, 
so I hope you stick around if you are tired of seeing my
 Mora clock obsession series.  This clock is the one I am
selling and I offer custom colors in the Annie Sloan chalk paint line~
and my client asked for Paris Grey (2nd from left below)
Such authentic swedish colors in theAnnie Sloan chalk paint
 line that go perfectly with this style clock. 
Then it can be lightly aged or heavily aged.
 You can see my light blue clock and Elma's clock in Paris Grey.
This was the inspiration photo for the Paris Grey version~
lovely with the Old White highlights.
 The original finish on the clock is a khaki putty color with 
golden undertones which is nice for the warmer palette~
 Here the Paris Grey is getting applied with my 2" sash brush~
 Next will be the Old White for all the details~
 Followed by waxing and light aging with a touch of dark wax~
 And the finished Paris Grey Mora Clock is ready for her new home.
 
 You can see the dark wax along the base of the clock~
I didn't want to apply too heavily
as I wanted a grey clock, not a brown clock.
 And more wax along the neck of the clock~
 A pretty crown detail sits at the top of the clock!
 Shes a pretty little thing~
 Wishing all a nice Easter~! 
Doesn't this view out my front door 
look like the Easter bunny lives here?
 The yard is at peak with spring flowering trees
 right now in purple, white and yellow.
Its just so gorgeous outside!!
 And look what finally came!! 
My big black and white cabana striped indoor/outdoor fabric 
for my porch curtains!! I am super excited to do
 this project!!! Hopefully next week??

This is the sketch that shows how it will look~
I'm headed to an auction this morning looking for treasures~
hope you all have a great Easter! 
And yes I did paint that egg Paris Grey...
I just forgot to snap a pic.

Photobucket

22 comments:

  1. Another beautiful makeover Amy! Have a wonderful Easter and I hope you find a lot of goodies today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amy, have a great Easter.I think you are magical make-up artist:)Loved the other sweety mora!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The clock looks great in grey and white. Love the fabric you got, and the view looks beautiful. Isn't spring wonderful?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure your customer will be very pleased with how this clock turned out. It's so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amy, The clock turned out beautiful and I love the color. The stripe fabric is wonderful for your outdoor curtains...they will be fabulous. Happy Easter.
    Hugs, Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the clock in the grey and old white, too, Amy. I have a feeling this clock probably looks good in all those colors! I'm so excited to see how your curtains turn out. Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great looking clock and I am sure she will love it. All our blooming trees are long gone here. Just lots of green leaves. I love the drawing of your plans. Have fun at the auction.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amy I adore the Mora clock in the Paris Grey with Old white. I have used both of these colors!

    Monday I will have an Annie Sloan Post up!

    Happy Easter to you and yours!

    xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think you should coin the motto: Let no thing go unpainted!...lol I just love that clock. I would have a hard time deciding which one I liked best in a contest. They are both lovely.

    I am glad you got your fabric and I can't wait to see your curtains made and hanging. I will tell you that your front yard is just amazing looking...Springy and beautiful. Any self-respecting Easter bunny will want to move in and make its home there- Blessings to you today~ xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely and I wish I had a spot for a clock like that.... I have been on a AS paint obsession and it's all your fault... It started with French Linen and now I have pure white and Provence too :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the clock BUT OH that b&w striped fabric!!! YES! Can't wait to see those curtains! One of my dreams...porch curtains!
    Blessings, Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the clock! The fabric peek is exciting, can't wait to see your vision come to life.
    Happy Easter to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Amy,
    You're on a roll so keep up the good work. I love those clocks.

    Love the view of your yard and yes, it looks like the EB lives there.

    Happy Weekend.

    hugs
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the clock but like your's better. Thanks for the words of encouragement today...I needed them. You are right I feel a huge weight off my shoulders. On to better things. Thanks for being there my friend! Hope I can come visit you some time soon.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Have yo done one in pink yet? I am kind of anxious to see pink!
    Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  16. They c,LCMs look great in both colors. Can't wait to see what you do next. Especially excited to see the curtains in my favorite colors :)
    Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Amy,

    Thank you for all of the inspiration. I've always admired the mora clocks but never knew much about them. Can't wait to see your bathroom.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Amy,
    Wow, another great clock. Love this one too. Have a wonderful Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the clock!!! I can not wait to get it!!!
    Have a Blessed Easter!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Amy,
    I WANT that clock!!!Love the colors you chose.I am saving my pennies.
    I can't wait to see that cabana on your house.It is going to look amazing.
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  21. Forgot to say I can't wait to see your striped curtains. Those are going to be so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  22. LOVE the paris grey and cannot wait to see the striped curtains!!!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...